In this assignment you are required to:
1. Choose a news story reporting on crime in society. This can be one news article, or a series of news articles covering the same event (including different news sources are fine, i.e. one from CBC, one from CTV, one from global news). Avoid ‘opinion’ pieces (op-eds) since they will already be analyzing an issue – although you could look at some to get ideas for various analyses.
2. In the introduction, briefly summarize the article, the two theoretical perspectives you are using, and what this paper will argue (the ‘position’ you will take).
3. Use two criminal justice theories covered during this course to make sense of your news story (don’t use spiritualism, naturalism, or the classical school—those are technically criminological theories, but you could reference, if applicable, how rational/legalism related to those theories of crime). You will need to give an overview of that perspective, and then apply it to the news article. How would someone from each perspective understand or make sense of the issue being written about? How would they understand the crime that was committed, given their definition of criminality? Would they agree with the approach taken? Would they suggest a certain course of action should be taken in response to this crime? You can use supplementary readings, but you are also welcome to rely on the textbook readings for your analysis.
4. After discussing the article from two perspectives, you are required to take a position on which theory you think better explains the topic. That is, you will explain the perceived benefits of the theory you choose, as you explain the perceived deficits in the other theory. Why does one theory make more sense than the other, in your opinion?
5. End with a brief conclusion summarizing the work of your paper (what you covered, what you argued) and ideally something about the larger implications of your study: why is your position important?
Your paper should be 4-6 pages, or approximately 1250 words, typed, double-spaced, size 12 font, plus a title page and a bibliography on additional, separate pages. Your bibliography may only have two titles—the textbook and the news article—but please include it all the same.
Please use APA style for your in-text referencing and bibliography.
Kraska, Peter B. and John J. Brent. (2011). Theorizing Criminal Justice: Eight Essential Orientations, 2nd Edition. Waveland Press: Long Grove, IL.
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason may is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Our essay writers are graduates with diplomas, bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college diploma. When assigning your order, we match the paper subject with the area of specialization of the writer.
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH ASSIGNMENT DEN TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more