HCA 415 Discussions
(1) Public Health Disasters and Preparedness [WLO: 1] [CLOs: 4, 5]
Prior to beginning work on this discussion, read Chapter 7 in your textbook.
Read through the emergency disasters below and select one to address for this discussion:
· Scenario No. 1: “Dragon/Volcano Emergency Response”
· Scenario No. 2: “Vaccine Gone Awry Emergency Response”
· Scenario No. 3: “Hurricane Hunter”
· Scenario No. 4: “Snowmageddon”
· Scenario No. 5: “Zombie Apocalypse”
Imagine you are the director of FEMA using NIMS when this disaster occurs. Complete the following steps using the scenario you selected:
· Develop a video, using the instructions below, delivering a public announcement that informs the population of what will be done to resolve the issue. Your video should be at minimum 4 minutes in length. Address these elements in your video:
o Describe the nature of the situation.
o Explain what FEMA and others are doing to mitigate the situation.
o Explain what people need to do to stay safe or to get help in order to reduce panic.
· Use an appropriate vocal tone to reduce panic and provide a solid explanation of the above elements. Review the Writing Center’s Presentation Tips (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. to maximize your results. Preparing and delivering a clear message, like you would for a PowerPoint presentation, is also important in video presentations.
Instructions to record video:
In order to complete this discussion, you may use the native video tool in your classroom. Please review the Canvas Video Submission Instructions (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.in order to get started. This guide will familiarize you with the tool and review how to record your video to the classroom.
As an alternative, you may use an external platform called Screencast-O-Matic (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. Please review the instructions provided by the Screencast-O-Matic Quick-Start Guide (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. in order to get started. This guide will familiarize you with the tool and review how to upload your video to the classroom. You do not need to develop a PowerPoint presentation. This discussion is meant to assess your communication abilities; therefore, the audio portion of the video or screencast is essential. If you elect to use the screencast option, you may simply use a picture of yourself reporting the above information in lieu of a PowerPoint. If you choose to use another video recording tool for your submission, please follow the guide instructions to upload an MP4 video file into your classroom using the same steps.
All submissions require an upload of the video to the classroom. Submission of a link to a video does not fulfill the submission requirements.
Think about the following questions while formulating your response to the public:
· What are the issues you will address first?
· Which organization is responsible for what? Where will you allocate your resources?
· What public health concerns are the results of each of these events?
· Which populations might be most at risk?
· What are some of the long-term health effects of these events?
· What other health concerns may arise from these events?
· What will you say to the people, who are desperately awaiting your direction?
(2) Allocating Public Health Resources [WLO: 2] [CLOs: 1, 5]
Prior to beginning work on this discussion, read Chapter 8 of your textbook.
Imagine that you are standing on the bank of a river and injured people start floating down the river towards you. There is no end to the floating people…they just keep coming and coming. You are alone, and you do not have cell service to phone for back up. What do you do? In your discussion post, discuss what type of assistance you would want to provide by completing the following:
· Explain where you think it would be best to focus your energy assisting (e.g., should you stay where you are and pull people out of the river, or should you go upstream to find out why injured people are ending up in the river?).
· Determine what proportion of assistance should go to aiding injured people versus preventing the cause of the injuries in the first place.
· Justify your reasoning for why you would allocate your resources that way. (There is no right or wrong answer to this; it is a matter of determining the priorities between treatment versus prevention.).
Bell, N. M. and Friis, R. H. (2019). Community and public health (2nd ed.). Retrieved from https://content.ashford.edu
· Chapter 7: Public Health Disasters and Preparedness
· Chapter 8: Advocacy and Resource Allocation
· Review from Week 2: Chapter 5: Public Health Ethics, Law, and Policy (particularly the sections on policy)
Wong, S. L., Green, L. A., Bazemore, A. W., & Miller, B. F. (2017). How to write a health policy brief. Families, Systems & Health: The Journal of Collaborative Family Healthcare, 35(1), 21-24. http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/fsh0000238
· The full-text version of this article is available through the EBSCOhost database in the Ashford University Library. This article provides an understanding of how to write a policy. It will be helpful for the Advocating for Public Health Policy assignment this week.
American Public Health Association. (n.d.). Policy statements and advocacy (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. Retrieved from http://www.apha.org/policies-and-advocacy
World Health Organization. (2006). Stop the global epidemic of chronic disease: A practical guide to successful advocacy (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. [Handbook]. Retrieved from http://www.who.int/chp/advocacy/chp.manual.EN-webfinal.pdf
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason may is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Our essay writers are graduates with diplomas, bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college diploma. When assigning your order, we match the paper subject with the area of specialization of the writer.
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH ASSIGNMENT DEN TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more