need 5 template
W O M E N / W O C S T R U G G L E S A N D T H E
B L A C K L I B E R A T I O N A N D F E M I N I S T
M O V E M E N T S
P L A Y L I S T
S O C I A L M O V E M E N T S
S O C I O L O G Y
D R . T U C K E R
• For this assignment, you must come up with
a soundtrack/playlist for each wave (1st, 2nd,
3rd) with a minimum of 3 songs for each
wave of U.S. Women’s Movements and
• For each song on your Women’s Movement
‘Playlist’ explain what the song is about and
how it is related to the historical context of
women’s liberation struggle.
• Post your ‘playlist‘ to the discussion board
and respond to the prompt as a group:
What are some that issues keep coming up
over time as women make progress? Is
there is more progress to be made? How
do you know?
H IS T ORIC AL W AVES OF F EM INIS M / WOM EN’S M OVEM ENT : “ F IRS T W AVE”
F EM INIS M ( 18 4 0’S -192 0 ) :
S U F F RAGIST M OVEM ENT
First Wave” Feminism (1840’s-1920):
• Suffragist Movement
• · Early struggles for gender equality
• · Abolitionist movement
• · Temperance movement
• · Anti-lynching campaigns
• · Seneca Falls Convention (1848) ð First woman’s rights convention;
• demands to improve women’s status in the family and in society.
• · Critique of women’s social, political, and economic position in society.
• · Black women’s clubs movement.
• · National Woman Suffrage Association (NWSA) (1869), with Elizabeth
• Cady Stanton as president.
• · National American Woman Suffrage Association (NAWSA) (1890), with
• Elizabeth Cady Stanton, Susan B. Anthony, and Lucy Stone as officers
• · 19th Amendment (1920) = women’s suffrage.
Ida B. Wells
Susan B. Anthony
SECOND WAVE” FEMINISM (1960S-1980S):
• Historical context:
• Civil Rights movement (1950s-60s)
• People of color’s movements (1960s-70s)
• Students’ movement and the New Left (1960s): “Question
authority” = look beneath formal legal and political rights to find
other kinds of power, the power of wealth, of race, of violence.
• Labor movements (1960s-70s)
• Anti-US militarism (Vietnam War was seen as immoral and
Gloria Steinem Betty Friedan
“TH I RD WAVE” FEM I NI SM ( 1990S AND ON) :
GLOBAL FEM I NI SM
• The “politics of location” undermines the notion of a universal
sisterhood. Non-Western women challenge the growing inequalities
of wealth and Western women’s assumptions that Western economic
and political strategies can be applied to the rest of the world,
regardless of local conditions.
• Everything is a woman’s issue.
• Transnational feminist organizations. Understanding historical and
cultural differences among women provides the base for alliances
across those differences.
• Gender studies concerns not only women, but also men and
masculinity of and across various nations, ethnicities, races, sexualities,
• Focus on identity and sexuality: GENDER ð cultural construct;
SEXUALITY ð continuum.
• · Third wavers are decentralized and, for the most part, self-identified
Patricia Hill Collins
Chandra Talpade Mohanty
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason may is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Our essay writers are graduates with diplomas, bachelor, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college diploma. When assigning your order, we match the paper subject with the area of specialization of the writer.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more