Whether you like it or not, teaching will involve math; more specifically, statistics. Understanding how to analyze the data from test results will not only support learning, but inform your practice. Additionally, it will help you to provide clear feedback to both learners and stakeholders, if applicable. For this assignment, you use hypothetical test results from the summative assessment you created in Week 3 to help you learn how to analyze the testing data and know what to do with it.
Prior to beginning work on this assignment,
· Read Chapters 6: Summative Assessment
· Read Chapter 9: Statistics for Educational Assessments
· Research for at least one scholarly source (Links to an external site.) that will support your analysis within your paper.
· See the Week 4 Data, Data Everywhere Assignment Template to guide your writing.
· Access the Week 4 Data Chart and Bar Graphs for test results and incorrect answer choices.
· Watch or read the following resources:
o Differentiating Instruction: It’s Not as Hard as You Think (Links to an external site.)
o 3 Ways Student Data Can Inform Your Teaching (Links to an external site.)
o Primary Grades: Flexible Grouping During Literacy Centers: A Model for Differentiating Instruction (Links to an external site.)
Consider how data can help drive your instruction and better support learner needs.
Complete the following:
· Determine the mean, median, and mode for the summative test results data only.
· Discuss the following making reference to the course text:
o Examine the Week 4 Data Chart and Bar Graphs related to summative assessment results.
§ What does the data tell you about how learners performed on the summative assessment? Explain. Refer to both the bar graph about test results and incorrect answer choices.
o Discuss how you would use this information to inform your instruction. Be specific.
§ For example, consider the incorrect answer choices data and link it to your summative assessment. For the questions that learners received the most incorrect answers, how might you reteach the concept and differentiate for those who already mastered it using flexible grouping? How might you give feedback to your learners based on the test results?
o Describe how the mean, median, and mode different? Similar?
§ Describe different situations in which each of the mean, the mode, or the median would be the most appropriate measure of central tendency, and relate it to your test results data. Which measure of central tendency would be most appropriate for your test results and why? How might you use this data when sharing results with the learners or parents of the learners?
o Describe the importance of understanding statistics in the education profession.
§ How might it improve your practice and support learning? Use evidence from the readings to support your response.
Writing and Formatting Expectations
Your Data, Data Everywhere! assignment
· Must two to three double-spaced pages in length including the graphs, computation of mean, median, and mode, and the reflection (does not include the title or reference page).
· Must include a separate title page with the following:
o Title of paper
o Student’s name
o Course name and number
o Instructor’s name
o Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
· Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper. For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources
· Must use proper syntax and mechanics. Your writing should display meticulous comprehension and organization of syntax and mechanics, such as spelling and grammar.
· Must include at least one scholarly source found in the Ashford University Library in addition to the course text (Lefrançois). Exemplary assignments will include at least one more source in addition to the required scholarly source and the course text. Refer to Integrating Research (Links to an external site.) for assistance
o The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
· Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide.
· Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.) for specifications.
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason may is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Our essay writers are graduates with diplomas, bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college diploma. When assigning your order, we match the paper subject with the area of specialization of the writer.
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH ASSIGNMENT DEN TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more