Sociologydig_CBA45 Module 3: Theory, Deviance, and Society Module 3 Assessment – Attempt
1. Which of the following explains why the internet is an ideal site for promoting deviant behavior? Select all that apply. Select one or more: a. It is largely unregulated b. Information is privately hosted c. It requires deviant sites be blocked by paywalls d. Information can be posted and accessed anonymously
2. According to conflict theorists, why does the digital divide exist? Select one: a. The digital divide exists primarily because of differences in infrastructure networks in the U.S. South versus the U.S. Midwest b. The digital divide exists because those who have access are those who will help further society c. The digital divide exists because of power differentials that mean the internet is not equally available to everyone d. The digital divide exists because some individuals are inherently more capable of using the internet than others
3. Which of the following explains why the internet is an ideal site for promoting deviant behavior? Select all that apply. Select one or more: a. It is largely unregulated b. Information is privately hosted c. It requires deviant sites be blocked by paywalls d. Information can be posted and accessed anonymously
4. Which of the following would a conflict theorist explain as the cause of deviance at a workplace like Raze.com? Select one: a. Deviant behaviors at Raze.com result from social or material inequalities in the workplace b. Deviant behaviors at Raze.com result from the forcing of the label “deviant” upon groups or individuals c. Deviant behavior at Raze.com results from the role deviance plays in ultimately constructing social cohesion among the non-deviant d. Deviant behavior at Raze.com results from employees internalizing management’s conception of them as deviant
5. Which of the following terms best describes the rules, norms, and values that govern the internet? Select one: a. Virtual conduct b. Netiquette
c. Social cohesion d. Virtual responsibility
6. Conflict theory is ___ Select one: a. A critique of ideological progressivism b. A critique of structural functionalism c. A complimentary theory to structural functionalism d. A complimentary theory to ideological conservatism
7. Which of the following would a conflict theorist argue about why some individuals are labeled deviant? Select one: a. Some individuals are deviant because of mental disorders b. Some individuals are labeled deviant because of the specific acts they engage in c. Some individuals are labeled deviant because they are trying to maintain social cohesion d. Some individuals are labelled deviant because those in power have the resources to define these labels
8. What was the initial reason that managers made major changes to Raze.com? Select one: a. Employees had begun acting deviantly, and managers decided to address this b. The company experienced an exodus of qualified individuals c. The company was bought by a foreign corporation with must stricter policies d. The industry experienced a downturn and changes were needed to survive.
9. Employees in an organization might use social networking sites or browse the internet rather than completing their tasks. This is called: Select one: a. Cyber time theft b. Cyberloafing c. Production deviance d. Property deviance
10. Something considered deviant in one society might not be deviant in another society Select one: True False
11. Which of the following reasons for deviant behavior would a conflict theorists agree with? Select one: a. Groups will act deviantly in order to ultimately pursue widely shared goals or values b. Groups will act deviantly in order to assess where the boundaries lie between acceptable and unacceptable behavior c. Groups will act deviantly in order to change their circumstances, the social structure, or react to their oppressors d. Groups will act deviantly in order to challenge the moral boundaries of society
12. Which of the following have been shaped by the internet and technology? Select one: a. Crime b. Society c. Deviance d. All of the above
13. Which of the following are associated with an Integrated Perspective theory of technology? Select one or more: a. Technology development is associated with positivist and rational systems b. Technology involves the social construction of meaning, interaction, and historical progress c. Technology involves both social and technological optimization d. Technology development often comes from soft line determinism
14. Technology can also be used to reduce instances of deviance and crime Select one: True False
15. Which of the following best describes the relationship between deviance and conflict theory? Select one: a. Conflict theory has its roots in deviance. Conflict occurs when individuals are deviant b. Deviance and conflict represent the same theoretical concept c. Deviance has roots in conflict theory. Deviance often occurs because people resist social structures that constrain them. d. Deviance has its roots in structural functionalism, which is a type of conflict theory
16. Technology has only increased crime and deviance Select one: True False
17. Businesses with high levels of deviance from employees are likely to be successful. Select one: True False
18. Which of the following best describes how cell phones have helped police officers combat crime? Select one: a. Police have implemented elaborate tracking systems of trace suspected criminals’ cell phones b. Telecommunications companies are implementing tracking devices in cell phones purchased by those with criminal records c. Cell phones make it more difficult for criminals to evade police because many criminals are not adept at using them d. Crimes are more likely to be solved when individuals with cell phones can call them in in realtime
19. Which of the following is true about deviant behavior, according to Andria Hoplight Topia? Select one: a. Deviant behavior is sporadic in nature and rather than being committed continuously is often tied to particular organizational changes b. Deviant behavior is continuous in nature and rather than being committed sporadically is often tied to organizational policy more broadly c. Deviant behavior is more likely to be committed in the context of organization’s that remain stable, changing little over time d. Deviant behavior is more likely to be committed in smaller organizations than in larger organizations
20. Which of the following are consistent with a Decision-Making theory of technology? Select all that apply. Select one or more: a. Technology development is associated with positivist and rational systems b. Technology involves the social construction of meaning, interaction, and historical progress c. Technology development results from deterministic views of engineers d. Technology involves interpretive flexibility
21. Conflict theory might best be thought of as which type of theory? Select one: a. Micro-level theory b. Meso-level c. Individual-Level theory d. Macro-level theory
22. Which of the following is a recent real-world example of a contradictory response to deviant behavior online? Select one: a. The website Twitter removed pictures of nude female celebrities but did not remove leaked e-mails from a congressman’s office b. The website Reddit chose to remove leaked e-mails from the Sony hacking incident but did not remove leaked images of nude female celebrities c. The website Facebook removed leaked images of nude female celebrities but did not remove leaked e-mails from a congressman’s office d. The website Gawker.com removed leaked e-mails from a congressman’s office but did not remove leaked nude pictures of female celebrities
23. Why did employees at Raze.com begin to commit deviant acts? Select all that apply.Select one or more: a. After a downturn in the industry, Raze.com laid off half of its employees b. Raze.com implemented mandatory, non compensated overtime for many employees c. The company closed down the kitchen to save money, meaning food was no longer available for employees d. Raze.com reduced employees vacation time by half
24. Which of the following are ways that Raze.com employees acted deviantly? Select all that apply. Select one or more:
a. Resisting mandatory meetings b. Taking long lunches and coffee breaks c. Stealing office supplies from the company d. Circumventing building security requirements
25. Which of the following best defines cyber law? Select one: a. Specific laws relating to corporate use of the internet b. Specific laws relating to underage individuals’ use of the internet c. Specific laws relating to the internet and computer offenses, especially fraud and copyright issues d. Specific laws relating to the provision and distribution of internet services by telecommunications corporations
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason may is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Our essay writers are graduates with diplomas, bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college diploma. When assigning your order, we match the paper subject with the area of specialization of the writer.
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH ASSIGNMENT DEN TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more